Those beautiful trees of maple, birch, and oak, indeed look very lovely. However, when the seasons begin to change and the trees start shedding their leaves, there is an additional job to clear the mess. If you don’t clean out the leaves and debris; it might invite pests and diseases.
So, what is the best leaf blower and, why do you need it? As mentioned, it is essential to keep your garden clean all year long; and that is why you need tools like a leaf blower as raking is a tough job.
A leaf blower is a vital gardening tool that helps to get rid of all the debris, grass cuttings, and leaves from your outdoor yard, gardens, walkways, decks, and porches.
A leaf blower moves all that debris with the force of air that gets out of a nozzle in very little time. There is a huge need and demand for such useful tools that can get the job done in much less time.
The best-corded leaf blowers come in many different models and varieties. The handheld units are powered by gasoline motors or electric source.
Some of the larger groups are based on wheels and are propelled by an engine. Only the best-rated leaf blower can keep the yard looking clean and manage the high influx of leaves during this season.
However, with so many blowers out there in the market, it sure is a daunting task to know what the best leaf blower is?
Most homeowners are not well aware of the kind of blowers available in the market and if they can meet their unique set of needs.
So, here in this article, we will discuss every single detail about leaf blowers to help you make an informed decision in purchasing it.
Before you go ahead and buy a leaf blower that can help to keep your driveway, yard, or sidewalks free from any debris, it is essential to know how a leaf blower works.
A Leaf Blower and How It Works
So, how does a leaf blower work? Well, the science behind it lies in the centrifugal force that circulates the air and creates a strong air current.
When you switch on the leaf blower, the fan blades rotate speedily to create centrifugal force that develops a powerful force in the air.
As the front part of the machine is narrower, a stronger force of wind develops in the front section. The air with the powerful force is pushed out of the leaf blower through a nozzle, and the wind comes out with tremendous speed. This helps to clear leaves and debris away from the yard quickly.
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Leaf blowers
Well, the top-rated leaf blower is indeed the one that meets your needs, works well and falls in your budget. As purchasing a leaf blower is a significant buy, one should spend some time in researching about the features of the best-corded leaf blower out there.
There are different models of various shapes and sizes that run on gas, electricity, or are battery-powered, and they have distinct features and dimensions. Some people might need a smaller blower, and some may need a much larger and heavy-duty blower to manage that high invasion of litter in their yard.
The kind of model and size you need relies on your needs and preferences. Some of those models can help to blow leaves while other units can vacuum the mulch waste as well. There are blowers with additional features and accessories that add on to their functionalities.
As a professional buyer or a homeowner, one keeps some of the essential considerations in mind, the speed, convenience, and budget. One should pick the best leaf blower based on their yard size, the kind of terrain, and the budget, of course.
So, here are certain factors that will help you choose the right leaf blower.
1. Features To Consider
There are some essential features that the blower you buy must have. These features are based on their vacuuming and mulching capabilities and are essential for their effective working. Let’s have a look at some basic features.
- Two-cycle engines run on a blend of oil and gas and provide a good mix of power and weight while the four-cycle engines operate only on gasoline.
- When buying the gasoline-powered blower, go for the simplified choke operation as it is easy to start.
- The best-rated leaf blowers with larger-diameter tubes indicate the vacuum-capability of collecting leaves.
- Reduction ratios represent the mulching capabilities of the leaf blower and reducing the number of bags of leaves.
- The speed settings allow full control to the user over airflow and movement of debris, and some even let you set and lock a speed.
- The vibration reduction feature helps to improve comfort.
- The handheld leaf blower is perfect for clearing smaller spaces because of its lightweight and easier manoeuvrability.
- The backpack leaf blower comes with more power is ideal for the maintenance of garages and areas with a lot of ground and can easily clear away wet leaves, twigs, and pebbles.
2. Various Models Of Leaf Blower
Each model of a leaf blower is designed for a specific purpose and has specific attachments that can fit the precise needs of the customer.
You can pick from the handheld, backpack, or walk-behind models based on your specific needs. Here are different types of models and there features:
- Gas or Electric Leaf Blower: The gas and electric models both can help to rake up those fallen leaves and keep the yard and driveway free from any debris. Some of the best leaf blowers in the handheld category are powered by gas and are known for their speed and convenience. These are ideal for those looking for more power and getting hefty jobs done.
It is best to go for the corded-electric blowers as they are more powerful when compared to models that run on gas. Although the gas-powered units can be taken anywhere, they are heavier and noisier than the electrical leaf blowers. Moreover, electrical leaf blowers are eco-friendly machines.
Typically, the gas-powered leaf blowers need a lot more maintenance than electric ones. The electric leaf blowers are easy to diagnose and repair when compared to the gas-powered units. The reason is that there are more mechanical parts in the gas leaf blowers.
- Corded or Cordless Electric Leaf Blowers: As compared to cordless-electric versions, the best corded leaf blowers have more power. One needs to refill the batteries in the cordless models because of the limited runtime per battery charge. However, the cordless leaf blowers are light and easy to carry while there is restricted access with corded blowers based on the length of the cord.
- Battery, corded, or gas-powered: Based on their needs, one can go for battery, corded, and gas-powered leaf blowers. Each type may be more suited and useful than the other depending on the job to be done. Battery operated models work fine for first-time owners who are looking for lightweight models for simpler tasks. However, limited run time is the downside of working with these blowers.
Corded electric models are lightweight but are more powerful and are easy to maneuverer. The only drawback is the cord that limits its reach.
Gas blowers are the most powerful, have long runtime, and are most effective for cleaning a large yard. However, they can be noisier and intimidating to work with as well as need higher maintenance.
3. Type Of Power
Pay careful consideration to the kind of power and take a closer look at the cubic-feet-per-minute (CFM) and miles-per-hour (MPH) values. The CFM and MPH are two values that you need to look at carefully as both values are essential to get the job done faster and efficiently.
Higher MPH means faster speed of the air while a higher CFM means more volume of air that flows out. Look for the right balance of the two values when buying the best-rated leaf blower.
4. The Level Of Noise
Another essential aspect to keep in mind when looking for a cordless or corded leaf blower is the noise it makes. A quieter model is always preferred for residential use, or you would have your neighbour complaining to you every time you use the blower.
As a good rule of thumb, you should know that the electric models are quieter than the gas models. Big blowers with powerful motor are noisier than small size blowers.
5. The Safety Standards And Features
Buy blowers that are approved by legal and authorized safety association and that meet the strict regulatory standards.
As a buyer, you should look for safety features like nonslip handles, shut-off switch, built-in dust collection kit, double insulation, and more. Those safety standards and features ensure that you remain safe when working with the leaf blower.
6. Other Accessories
The best leaf blower for the money often comes with accessories like vacuum kits, gutter kits, extensions, and disposable leaf bags. So, ensure that the leaf blower you buy carries all those extra features to fulfil your needs and can make the task easier for you.
Some models carry special attachments that can turn the blower into a vacuum and mulcher and can even help to clear up the light snow during winters.
7. The Warranty And Registration Card
When you are looking to buy leaf blowers, ask about the warranty and registration card. The supplier should offer a reasonable warranty on the product and ask you to complete the registration form so that you can be notified of any recalls and safety information from the manufacturer.
Surveys show that most buyers are not aware of this essential safety step.
Top 25 Best Leaf Blowers 2020
1. Hitachi Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower
Hitachi gas-powered model runs on a 2-cycle engine and comes with a 7-year warranty. The lightweight handheld model creates an impressive air velocity that is excellent for debris removal.
It weighs only 8.6 lbs and is very comfortable to use. Thanks to the 2-stroke technology and 23.99cc commercial-grade engine, one can enjoy a much more relaxed and convenient operation with the large two-finger throttle lever.
The blower is perfectly suitable for big jobs as it provides 441 cu. ft air volume per minute. It is an eco-friendly blower that features low emission. Go ahead and buy this impressive leaf blower and do refer to the user guide on technical specifications before purchasing.
- Very suitable for big jobs
- 2 stroke technology
- Commercial grade parts
- Impressive power
- None so far
2. Greenworks Variable Cordless Leaf Blower
The lightweight design and New GMAX lithium-ion battery is what makes the leaf blower from
Greenworks enjoy more power and longer run time.
The user can take advantage of the variable speed motors that produce a max speed of 150 MPH and a much higher reach and efficiency because of the extension tube.
Buy this cordless leaf blower that is just perfect for clearing all that debris and get the job done quickly and efficiently. Enjoy the comfortable, smooth, and quieter operations with the blower that offers higher control while sweeping and gathering.
- Great for all types of requirements
- Easy to use
- Good battery life
- None so far
3. Greenworks Single Speed Electric Blower
Another best-corded leaf blower available in the market is simple, lightweight, and handheld model from Greenworks. It is just perfect for taking care of smaller yards and offers unlimited runtime.
The single-speed blower can lower the sound levels and helps to remove leaves and debris easily and swiftly from hard surfaces. As compared to other leaf blowers, you will not feel any uncomfortable vibrations.
Shop for this amazing blower that needs no batteries or charging! All you need to do is plug it on, and you are ready to go!
- Simple design
- Light weight for ease of use
- Not ideal for large uses
4. Black Decker Electric Leaf Blower & Mulcher
The impressive model with a 12-amp motor from Black Decker is a 3-in-1 blower that comes with two-speed selections and creates a 250 miles per hour speed.
Take advantage of that disposable leaf bag system that can grind and mulch16 bags down to one. This blower weighs 8.1 pounds and therefore it is lightweight and helps clean driveways, sidewalks, etc. easily.
The airspeed of this blower is 180/250 miles per hour. You can also change it from a vacuum and blower.
Extra features and accessories include blow tube, vacuum tube, 2 disposable bags, detachable shoulder strap, reusable bag assembly, reusable collection bag, and more.
Get the best leaf blower from Black Decker that is just perfect for clearing driveways, garages, sidewalks, decks, and yards.
- Many features
- Light weight and easy to use
- Offers many accessories
- Complex design
5. Worx 32V Cordless Battery-Powered Leaf Blower
Keep the area and yard around your home free from any debris or fallen leaves with the perfect leaf blower from WORX. Make good use of the compact and lightweight design of the model that is easy to carry, use, and store.
This ultra-lightweight blower with compact design can offer a longer run time thanks to the32 Volt Max Lithium battery. It provides you with 120 mph airspeed with 80 cmf airflow. The no-load speed of this blower is 138 per hour, and it only takes 3 hours to recharge fully.
Innovative attachments can add to the range of inflating and deflating tasks. There are, in fact, nine attachments that can help you sweep, dust, inflate, clean, clear, and dry all kinds of things around your home.
Now you can enjoy a completely safe and clean zone around your house, thanks to this fantastic leaf blower.
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry
- No load speed of 138 per hour
- Does not provide many accessories
6. Toro 51585 Electric Leaf Blower
If you are looking for an electric leaf blower that can create a powerful air speed despite being compact and lightweight, then the Toro 51585 Power Sweep model makes for a perfect choice.
The handheld model offers a 2-speed air control that adds to versatility and better control. Weighing just 4.6 pounds, the blower is lightweight and yet very powerful, and it can work at a maximum speed of 160 mph.
Get this blower that comes with 2-year full warranty and is just perfect for clearing debris from sidewalks, yards, and driveways. It is indeed a great buy when compared to other models.
- Unique design
- 2 years full warranty
- 2 speed air control
- Fairly light weight
- Not as fast as some other models
7. Toro 51619 Electric Blower Vac
The electric blower vac from Toro carries more power for clearing and mulching. What makes it the best-corded leaf blower in the market is a higher power up to 250 mph degree and variable speed control.
The corded blower is equipped with a new larger metal impeller and comes with features like concentrator nozzle, bottom-zip bag, vacuum tube, power insert, and cord storage hook.
Enjoy better control in for both blower and vac mode, thanks to the variable speed control and a much higher air horsepower when compared to other blowers.
Every single blower of this brand is tested in a controlled environment to ensure the best performance. Get all the power and versatility for the clean-up chores in your yard.
- High power model
- Variable speed control
- High air horsepower
- Powerful but no battery support
8. Worx WG520 Electric Leaf Blower
WORX WG520 leaf blower is indeed counted among the top leaf blowers available. The engine type motor and different speeds plus the Turbine fan indeed make the blowers a lot more useful.
The high capacity air that shoots out of that wide mouth nozzle allows you to clear large areas with much more efficacy and comfort.
Use the attachable nozzle to direct the higher volume of air in certain areas for tougher jobs and all with just one hand, thanks to its lightweight (only 6.4 lbs.) and ergonomic design.
You get two-speed options; and for higher speed, you can switch to 110 mph speed 2. Many buyers have mentioned about its high power and great speed that clears up the hefty mess in minutes.
So, take advantage of the super cool and powerful black leaf blower that is efficient and yet not so noisy when running.
- Interesting design
- Two speed options supported
- Ergonomic shape
- Not the fastest
9. Black Decker Lithium Sweeper
Another best-rated leaf blower in the market comes from BLACK+DECKER and the lightweight and simple to use model can quickly clear debris from garages, driveways, decks, and any other hard surfaces.
What makes the leaf blower popular among the buyers is 20V MAX 1.5 Lithium-Ion battery that offers higher run time and variable airspeed up to 130 mph.
Included components contain battery charger, cordless sweeper, and blow tube. The lithium-ion battery of this blower can hold its charge for 18 months.
You will love this lightweight and straightforward blower that is well-known for its smooth and noiseless operations. It is perfect for a quick and light clean up that covers a smaller area.
- Well known brand
- Simple straightforward design
- Noiseless operation
- Not the fastest model
10. Dewalt Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
If you are looking for a compact leaf blower known for its higher efficiency and durability, then the Lithium-Ion XR Brushless Blower from DEWALT makes for the right choice.
With an easy start and lower maintenance, the ergonomic design of the lightweight model indeed maximizes control for the user.
Enjoy a higher run time and maximum output, thanks to the innovative axial fan design and the variable trigger and speed lock that offers more control to the user. If you are looking at an affordable blower, then this one is the best alternative available that is rightly-priced.
- Innovative fan design
- Speed lock features
- Affordable price tag for the specs
- Fairly industrial design
11. Sun Joe Electric Leaf Blower
The bright green155 mph electric blower from Sun Joe is indeed among the best-corded leaf blowers out there. What make it perfect are its versatility, powerful performance, and lightweight feature. You can get 155-mph airspeed thanks to the 6-amp motor.
It is a superlight weight blower with just 3.9 lbs weight, it is easy to carry and work with. It is just perfect for clearing the mess and debris from patios, walkways, porches, and garages from your house. The load speed is 12,000/13,500 RPM.
Backed by Snow Joe’s customer services, the blower proves that sometimes bigger isn’t always better, and a lot more can be done with a smaller model.
- A very light weight model
- Decent load speed
- 155mph air speed is great for its weight
- Not very attractive
12. Black Decker Electric Leaf Blower
The Electric Leaf Blower from BLACK+DECKER is indeed well-known for its powerful and efficient performance when blowing away leaves and debris.
As the blower weighs just 4.4 pounds, it is easy to carry and work with. Thanks to the 7 amp motor, you can expect a powerful blowing air that can easily reach up to 180Mph/180CFM.
Look forward to a fast and easy clean-up for your driveways, sidewalks, lawns, and decks with this blower. There are no frustrating interruptions because of the built-in cord retention.
You are sure to fall in love with the product because of its impressive performance and easy one-handed use. This product is considered as one of the most powerful blowers at a very affordable price.
- Simple design
- Very powerful for the price
- Fairly light weight design
- Falls a bit short in ergonomics
13. Toro Ultra Plus Leaf Blower Vacuum
Because of that superior blowing and excellent mulching power, the Ultra Plus Leaf Blower Vacuum has proved to be among the best leaf blowers.
The 3-in-1 machine boasts of a powerful blower along with a high-speed vacuum and a variable-speed for the leaf shredder.
Thus, you can enjoy better control in both blower and vac mode because of the variable speed control. The highest performing blower works with the metal impeller that reduces the mulched debris up to 97%.
The oscillating nozzle kit sweeps the air back and forth that allows a much wider blowing path. It comprises of shred-all shred ring, cord storage hook, bottom-zip bag, vacuum tube, and an oscillating tube.
You can buy an extension cord separately. The product has received great reviews because of its power, speed and price.
- 3 in 1 feature set
- Blower and vac mode
- Reduces mulched debris upto 97%
- Overly complicated looks
- Does not have an extension cord with the unit
14. Cordless Kimo Lithium Leaf Blower
It is one of the best-rated leaf blower as per many buyers because it’s 2-in-1 portable and cordless sweeper/vacuum is simply effortless when in use because of its lightweight and compact size.
In fact, it weighs only 2 lb that is half of the weight of other blowers. Get up to 13000r/min power because of the Turbofans & all-copper motors, and the super suction power helps you to clear off pet hair, crumbled biscuits, dust a lot more easily.
It can easily blow wet leaves from your lawn and even snow from the top of your car. Just put the garbage bag at the air outlet to turn the device into a vacuum cleaner immediately.
A full charge will take about 60 minutes only. You can clean entire house once it is fully charged. Accessory Kit includes a fast charger, dust vacuum, lithium battery, collection bag, and an instruction manual.
- Cordless product
- Super light weight
- Easily blows away wet leaves
- Battery life is not the best
15. Worx Trivac Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
The blower, mulcher & vacuum model from WORX TRIVAC can work in different modes with just the flick of a switch with your thumbs. The 12 amp 3-in-1 electric device is indeed one of the best corded leaf blowers out there.
Take advantage of different speeds for different jobs for chopping leaves or clearing leaves from your driveway or such in all that debris. The 12” electrical cord won’t disconnect even when using an extension cord.
Even with all that power, it is easy to use the blower as it is a one-handed operation, and its ergonomic design makes it easier to handle.
WORX TRIVAC blower is all you need for complete home and lawn cleaning. No other tools are required except one hand that is needed to operate this super cool blower with ergonomic design.
- Ergonomic design
- Has all the features that are essential
- Super cool design
- Could be lighter
16. Greenworks Cordless Brushless Axial Blower
If you are looking for higher runtime on leaf blower with different speeds for added convenience, have a look at the 80v cordless brushless axial blower from Greenworks that provides up to 70 minutes run time.
Thanks to the 2Ah battery and a rapid charger, the charging is fast and takes only half an hour! What makes for that higher torque and quieter operations is the brushless motor.
A cushioned overmild grip and variable speed trigger with 3 speed options add to the comfort and convenience.
Buy this leaf blower if you are keen on getting a quieter operation in your neighbourhoods and corporate parks.
- Quiet sound compared to other models
- Cushioned grip
- 3 speed options
- Battery life could be more
17. Sun Joe All-Purpose 2-Speed Electric Blower
Sun Joe 2-speed electric blower in green is indeed the best-rated leaf blower for those looking for a small-sized blower that is packed with power and performance. The 10-amp motor in this diminutive dynamo creates a powerful 215 mph punch.
Adjust the wind speeds from normal to high speed based on your task. As the blower weighs just 4.4 lbs, it is easy to take it just about anywhere and store it easily because of its smaller size.
The leaf blower is just the right size for simple household applications like sweeping walkways and garages or clearing those porches, patios, and decks.
- Compact design
- Powerful 215 mph speed
- 2 speed options
- Could be lighter
18. Worx Turbine Cordless Battery-Powered Leaf Blower
The 56v cordless leaf blower from WORX is equipped with a brushless motor and 56 V cordless battery. What lists it among the best leaf blowers is its forceful air volume due to the Turbine fan technology, the ergonomic design, and variable speed control.
Moreover, the powerful Lithium battery keeps the model charged for a longer time for cleaning up the outdoor spaces and it takes only 90 minutes to charge this blower.
It is easy to carry the powerful blower because of its compact size and 8.1 pounds weight. Just hold it in a perfect position for a one-handed operation. When compared with similar items, the leaf blower indeed makes a cut above the rest.
It is essential to keep away clothing, hair and debris from the back of the motor housing to avoid any damage to the machine and injuries.
Thus, always keep the back of the motor clear. It is a great buy because it comes with three-year warranty on the blower and one-year warranty on battery.
- Charges fairly quickly
- Cordless design
- Not very light weight
- Battery warranty could be longer
19. Makita XBU02PT1 Blower Kit
Makita Blower Kit can deliver 28 minutes of running time and 473 CFM of air volume and 120 mph air velocity.
The brushless motor and 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries ensure that there are lower maintenance and zero emissions from the leaf blower that needs no gas or oil for running.
The two 18V 5.0Ah batteries cool down faster and charge time is a lot less because of the built-in fan that circulates the air through the battery.
Makita extreme Protection Technology works as a protective seal for the blower. Makita Blower Kit with 4 Batteries is a great choice for those landscapers & contractors looking for efficient cordless alternatives for outdoors.
- Good cooling features for the batteries
- Brushless motor
- Does not run very long on a single charge
- Not very fast
- Fairly bulky design
20. Ego Power+ LB4800 Cordless Electric Blower
The highly efficient brushless motor and turbine fan engineering is what makes the 56-Volt lithium-ion cordless electric blower one of the best corded leaf blowers.
The blower can deliver up to 480 CFM and is fully compatible with all lithium batteries. Armed with a variable-speed option and a weather-resistant construction, the EGO POWER+ Blower is indeed one of the most popular blowers on the market.
When compared to similar products, the EGO Power Electric Blower is indeed the most-advanced rechargeable blower and known to perform better than many gas-powered models.
Now you can enjoy a much powerful performance minus all that noise and fuss.
- Interesting design
- Weather resistant construction
- Powerful performance
- Not very light weight
21. Black Decker 3-in-1 Blower
The 3-in-1 electric leaf blower from BLACK+DECKER works as a blower, vacuum, and mulcher. The all-in-one, 250 mph bloweris indeed one of the best leaf blowers and comes with variable speed selections.
With a max airspeed of 250 mph, the device is indeed a perfect choice for those looking for a comprehensive solution. There is no clogging because of a high-impact metal fan that can easily grind and mulch up to 16 bags down to one.
Included components comprise a disposable leaf bag system, reusable collection bag, vacuum tube, blow tube, and a concentrator.
The high-performance blower/vacuum/mulcher weighs about 8 lbs and is very powerful but less noisy.
- Includes many accessories
- Fast max air speed
- All in one feature set
- Not very light weight
22. Greenworks Cordless Jet Leaf Blower
The 40V Cordless Jet Leaf Blower from Greenworks is powered by a 2.5Ah battery and offers about 15 minutes of runtime to finish the project. Get rid of the toughest of debris, thanks to the 390 CFM / 110 MPH powers of the blower.
It has lesser vibration and higher comfort over mould grip and offers convenient cruise control to help lower the fatigue.
The product is well worth the money because of the 2-year warranty for battery and 4-year warranty for the tools. It is indeed one of the best-rated leaf blowers.
Get a complete recharge in 75 minutes and get back to your work in no time!
- Cordless design
- Easy to use
- Very low amount of runtime
- Not very powerful
23. Greenworks 2-Speed Leaf Blower/Vacuum
The large metal impeller and a powerful 12-amp motor is what makes the leaf blower and vacuum a unique device.
Look forward to an impressive mulching performance and higher durability from the blower to clear debris, sticks, and leaves. Get better control in both modes, thanks to the two-speed control.
You can easily convert the blower to vacuum functionality with just a click and can now look forward to a much efficient blowing and vacuuming performance.
The corded 2-speed blower and vacuum is well worth the investment as it is backed by a 4-year warranty. The powerful blower is just perfect for your leaf blowing and vacuuming needs!
- Blower to vacuum in single click
- Two speed control
- Not many features
24. Worx WG518 2-Speed Leaf Blower
The Orange and Black 2-speed leaf blower, mulcher & vacuum from WORX looks sleek and stylish. When it comes to performance, it doesn’t lack there either.
You can get 250-mph maximum airflow with the handheld device that boasts of a 16: 1 Mulch ratio, thanks to the powerful metal impeller.
Enjoy higher versatility when you carry out both light and heavy-duty tasks. What adds to the comfort and convenience is a nice and sturdy shoulder strap.
Now, cleaning your backyard is like a breeze with this lightweight and easy to carry blower, mulcher & vacuum from WORX!
- Fairly powerful airflow
- Nice mulch ratio
- Stylish design
- Not very light weight
25. Dewalt Elec Blower
The DWBL700 Elec Blower from DEWALT is considered to be among the very best rated leaf blowers on the market. Manufactured in China, the blower meets each and every requirement of the customers when compared with similar items.
It is powerful and comes with a variable speed trigger to control airflow. As it is small in size and weighs about 12 pounds, it is easy to carry, use, and store it.
Get full control over the blower because of its lightweight and ergonomic design that makes it a lot easier to control the device. You can rely on its outstanding power and reliability.
- Outstanding power
- Has most of the basic required features
- Not the best design out there
How To Use The Leaf Blower Safely?
After you have bought one of the best-rated leaf blowers, you should read the user manual instructions carefully and follow them. If you follow the essential safety tips and right procedures, you can get the results you are looking for.
However, just like any other machine or tool, there are some risks when working with a leaf blower. As a user, you should be aware of those risks and how to curb them as possible injuries can take place if one is not careful.
So, here are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a blower:
- Wear the right attire and goggles and a dust mask when running a leaf blower so as to meet the protection standards and safety guidelines.
- Goggles can keep your eyes safe and protected from any debris and leaves flying around when you use the blower.
- Earplugs work as an essential piece of safety equipment to keep your ears safe. So, always wear hearing protection, especially with those models that tend to make more noise.
- Wear gloves as they can prevent any blisters from developing and reduce the vibrations.
- Prevent any kids and pets from entering the area where you are clearing; and do not allow your children to use a leaf blower.
- Do not run the blower when standing on an unstable surface like a ladder or rooftop; and never leave the blower unattended or ignore it while it is running.
- Never use the leaf blower to clean up gravel, construction dirt, concrete dust, and garden topsoil.
- Avoid using an electric leaf blower in the rainy season, and the blower should be completely dry and clean before you switch it on.
- The extension cords should be of high-quality as a weak and faulty extension can lead to fatal consequences.
- Avoid using even the quietest blowers very early in the morning or late in the evening; as they do make some level of noise, which can be disturbing for your neighbors.
How To Maintain A Leaf Blower?
Most people think that using a leaf blower is quite simple, and one doesn’t require any prior experience or knowledge to handle the simple machine. However, whatever kind of blower you use, whether gas or electric, you cannot treat them all equally.
The leaf blower is used in different seasons; and in some seasons, it is likely to be stored away and not used at all. As an owner, you need to ensure that the tool is well-protected, even when it is not in use.
Here is a basic list of a few maintenance tips that can help to extend the life of your leaf blower; and keep it in good working condition.
- Keep the blower clean as its components are likely to accumulate dust and debris. The plug and cable are the major cause of problems in a leaf blower.
- Clean the fans, vents, and air filters from time to time and with mild soap and water. Do not use any harsh cleanser that can damage the unit.
- Check the fuel filter, cables, fuel line, and connections and clean the fan blades and outside of the carburettor every night.
- Examine the spark plug and replace it if needed; and check the throttle and ensure that it is in good working condition.
- The quality of the fuel starts degrading after 30 days; and if it is allowed to sit longer, it can damage the fuel lines and blowers tank. So, drain and replace the fuel every month and, if not in use, empty the engine of the blower before storing it away.
- Use a fuel stabilizer to enhance the longevity of the gadget, and when you keep the engine running, it helps to coat the interior of the motor. It is a good idea to take out the leaf blower at least once a month and run it when not in use. Just run the engine, and keep it running to get rid of any remaining fuel.
- Inspect the fuel mixture in the gas-powered blowers; and do not mess up the combination, as it can damage the engine and lower its performance.
- Pay attention to the cooling system as the large amounts of air within the modern blowers need to perform flawlessly.
- Check the carburettor for any clogging due to dirt and clean it regularly to keep the engine working to its maximum efficiency.
- Do not ignore the vacuum bags and remove them and take them outside to clean appropriately.
- You can reduce the noise further by using the lowest possible throttle speed and use certain attachments that can help to reduce sound.
- Learn to control air velocity, nozzle movement, and throttle control and operate the blower efficiently. Practice different motions, up and down, or left or right to get better control over the device.
- Make sure that the air filter and muffler of the leaf blower are in good condition.
- Keep the nozzle close to the ground in order to lower any dust generations and use nozzle extensions to minimize dust.
It is a good idea to check any bylaws of your municipality and state regarding the use of leaf blowers. In some areas, the use of gas-powered units is prohibited; and in some states, their use is entirely banned because of noise pollution.
So, beware of the local rules regarding the use of leaf blowers and follow them strictly, to avoid any violation of rules.
It is essential to take care of your best leaf blower, as after all, you are going to need the blower every year. Basic maintenance and regular checks can help you get aware of any issue with your equipment and address them in time.
If you ignore the issues, it can lead to major problems like engine failure. Therefore, regular maintenance is another essential aspect that cannot be ignored by those who use a leaf blower.
You should take your leaf blower to a professional mechanic if you notice any issues like the problem with starting the unit or rough experience when running.
It is best to bring the blower to a service centre for professional repair and services. Apart from regular care and maintenance, you should know how to raise the efficiency of the leaf blower you have bought.